AWWOA Training Update
In line with current COVID-19 measures, AWWOA training venues (Chateau Louis - Edmonton, Hotel Blackfoot - Calgary and Radisson Hotel - Red Deer) will be following the Alberta Restriction Exemption Program (REP). In order to enter facilities and attend training, you will be required to show proof of vaccination or provide a negative rapid test result. Mandatory masking is also in effect. Students and instructors are required to wear masks at all times in the classroom.
PROOF OF VACCINATION INFORMATION
To enter the training facility, one of the following must be shown upon arrival with a valid photo ID that matches the vaccine record:
- Valid paper or digital vaccine record that shows name, vaccine type and date of administration. Examples of valid records include: Government of Alberta Vaccination Card, My Health Immunization Record, or Immunization Records from provider. For the transition period between September 20 and October 25 – proof of full vaccination OR proof of at least a single dose vaccination that was administered 2 weeks prior. After October 25 – proof of full vaccination.
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
- Proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories are not allowed).
For specific details on proof of vaccination, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx
To print your vaccine card, please visit: https://www.albertavaccinerecord.ca
Each location will verify this information on site. If you are unable to provide one of the above, they will not allow entry and you will not be able to attend the course. For any questions regarding proof of vaccination information, please read additional details on the Alberta Government website (linked above) -OR- reach out directly to the hotel.
In addition, AWWOA will continue with our Safe Return to Class plan that includes a pre-screening questionnaire, masking, reduced classroom sizes and social distancing. For a full review of these precautions, please visit https://www.awwoa.ca/training/covid19.
We ask that you refrain from attending any in-person training if you:
- Are feeling sick or unwell,
- Test positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days leading up to the event or
- Are a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case in the 14 days leading up to the training.