Site Terms of Service
Thank you for visiting and using this site, www.awwoa.ab.ca, which is owned and operated by the Alberta Water & Wastewater Operators Association, headquartered in Edmonton, AB. CAN.
AWWOA Customer Service Representative
10806 - 119 Street Edmonton, AB. T5H 3P2
Telephone: 877 454 7745 Toll Free
To use certain services and access certain content available on this site, you must register with the site and provide certain personal information. You must also establish a personal password.
You agree that you will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password as confidential and for any activity of anyone gaining access through your account or by use of your login and passwords, whether or not directly authorized by you. It is your responsibility to promptly notify AWWOA if your password is lost or stolen, or (ii) you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of any other breach of security that might affect the site.
AWWOA is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the provisions of this section.
- You acknowledge and agree that all materials, information, and content, including text, pictures, graphics, video, software, products, materials, services and other files available on the site, and the selection and arrangement thereof, (collectively “content”) are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and/or other proprietary rights and laws and that all right, title and interest in and to all such content are owned by or licensed to AWWOA. AWWOA reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms.
- You may print or download one unmodified copy of content from the site for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- You may not "mirror" any content contained on the site on any other server without prior written permission from AWWOA and may not engage in “framing” any content contained on any one or more of the sites on or through another web site without prior written permission from AWWOA.
- Except as expressly stated above, you may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial or non-commercial purposes, any content, in whole or in part, use of the site, and/or access to the site.
- Use of the content for any purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms without first obtaining the express written permission of AWWOA is strictly prohibited.
Use of the site
You are responsible for all content that you upload, submit, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit using the site or services. Likewise, you are responsible for respecting AWWOA’s and third parties' rights with respect to Content that appears on the site and not to download, e-mail, or otherwise transmit such content in violation of AWWOA’s and third parties' rights.
You agree not to use the site or services to:
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property right, privacy right, or publicity right of any person or entity.
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive.
- Impersonate another person or entity, including without limitation, a representative of AWWOA or its officers, directors, employees, or agents; falsely represent or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity; or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers that would disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or services.
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, including without limitation, initiation or perpetuation of any spam, junk mail, or any other potentially objectionable form of unsolicited communication.
- Use the site or services for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, provincial, or federal law or regulation or the law or regulation of any foreign government.
- Collect or store personal data with respect to third parties except as contemplated by the Terms and then only for the express purpose of providing lawful communication that may reasonably be anticipated by such third parties.
- Directly or indirectly, intentionally or otherwise disrupt or interfere with the site or services.
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other code, files, or programs designed or known to disable, interrupt, or limit the functionality of any computer hardware, computer software, or telecommunications equipment or facilities.
- Submit, upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit without authorization any material that contains personal or private information concerning any third-party person or entity, including without limitation, phone number(s) or addresses, credit/debit cards, calling cards, account numbers, social security numbers, passwords, or other similar information.
- Use any kind of device, code or automated tool, including but not limited to scripts, bots and other software, to try to collect information from the Site to break into any of its servers, to circumvent or overcome the security features of the site or any other AWWOA service.
Grants of License
In the event you post or submit content to the site, you grant AWWOA, its partners, and related organizations, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use, copy, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, publish, translate, transmit, distribute, have distributed, publicly perform, publicly display, and promote the content, or any part thereof, with the right to sublicense same, in any and all formats now known or hereinafter used.
You warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights in and to the content, or are otherwise authorized to reproduce and distribute the content and grant AWWOA the license provided above; that you have retained all copyright and other notices necessary for obtaining permissions to reprint any third party content; and that public posting and/or the licensed use of your content by AWWOA will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
Links to other websites
This site includes links to other web sites. You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect any endorsement by AWWOA with respect to the provider of such linked site or the quality, reliability or any other characteristic or feature of such linked site and AWWOA is not responsible in any manner (including without limitation with respect to any loss or injury you suffer) for any matter associated with the linked site, including without limitation, the content provided on or through any such linked site or your reliance thereon.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE WITHIN THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE, AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE, DATA ACCURACY, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, OR COMPATIBILITY, UPTIME, AND INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. AWWOA AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE OPERATION OF THE SITE, THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE CONTENT OR THE SITE OR ANY OTHER WEB SITES LINKED TO THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, OR CORRECT OR THAT IT WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; OR THAT THE CONTENT, SITE AND SOFTWARE THEREIN ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND AWWOA MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE THE MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON THE SITE. AWWOA DOES NOT AND CANNOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THE FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE SITE, IF ANY, WILL BE FREE FROM INFECTION, VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES. AWWOA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, SOFTWARE, OR CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THESE SITES, SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM AWWOA SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, EXCEPT THAT AWWOA’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Limitation of liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT AWWOA AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF AWWOA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO OR FROM THE SITE, THE CONTENT, SOFTWARE OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR ON THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, STATUTE, REGULATIONS, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. IF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, SOFTWARE, OR OTHER WEB SITES RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, EXCEPT THAT AWWOA’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless AWWOA, its successors and assigns, related or affiliated organizations and licensors; and their employees, contractors, officers, and directors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney's fees, which arise from your use or misuse of the site or violation of these Terms. AWWOA reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, in which event you shall cooperate with AWWOA in asserting any available defenses.
Notice of changes
AWWOA may update or change these Terms. If such a change is made, AWWOA will post the revised Terms on this site. AWWOA reserves the right to add to, change, or terminate the services offered on this site at any time. You understand and agree that AWWOA may from time to time establish and revise practices and limitations concerning your use of the site and services offered on the site. You must periodically review these Terms to remain in compliance with the most current requirements.
AWWOA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of this site, with or without notice. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to:
- breaches or violations of the Terms or other incorporated agreements or guidelines
- requests by law enforcement or other government agencies
- a request by you (self-initiated account deletions)
- discontinuance or material modification to the site (or any part thereof)
- unexpected technical or security issues or problem
- extended periods of inactivity
- engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities
- on-payment of any fees, if any, owed by you in connection with the site or services offered through the site, and/or
- AWWOA's sole convenience, without obligation.
Use and disclosure of information
You acknowledge, consent and agree that AWWOA may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and any Content submitted or posted to the Sites if required to do so by law, by subpoena or court order, or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process
- enforce these Terms
- respond to claims that any such Content violates the rights of third parties
- respond to your requests for customer service; or
- protect the rights, property, or personal safety of AWWOA, its users, and the public
Choice of law, jurisdiction, and venue
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta, excluding its conflicts of law principles. You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to these Terms or your use of the Site shall be the provincial or federal courts located in Alberta, and you further agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
Severability and Integration
AWWOA’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by AWWOA in writing. The section titles in these Terms are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance.
No Third-Party Beneficiaries
You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement.
These Terms were last updated on Jan 8, 2018.