Del Morrison Entrance Training Bursaries
On June 30, 2021, the AWWOA Executive Board approved a motion that pays tribute to an iconic name in the water/wastewater industry. The Board moved to rename the AWWOA Entrance Training Bursaries after the late Del Morrison.
The bursaries were established to attract newcomers to the industry and to help with the costs associated with achieving Level I Certification. The Board of Directors felt that the renaming of the bursary to honour Del's memory was a great way to show our appreciation and to ensure Del Morrison's name will continue to receive recognition for his long-term devotion to the Association and the water/wastewater industry as a whole.
The AWWOA provides ten (10) training bursaries per fiscal year of up to $250 each to support individuals who are actively pursuing a career/ certification in the water and wastewater industry. Successful applicants will also receive a free one-year AWWOA membership.
Individuals seeking certification as a water and wastewater operator can apply for an Entrance Training Bursary worth $250.00 to offset the registration cost for one of the following AWWOA Courses:
- Entry Level Training
- Level I Certification Preparation Course
- Small Water Systems Operation
- Small Wastewater Systems Operation
*Note: to take advantage of your free one-year membership discounts for the courses above, please submit your bursary application prior to registering for the course. If approved you will receive an additional $100 discount on the course fee.
Applicants are eligible for one Entrance Training Bursary per lifetime. Bursary applications are reviewed and evaluated within 30 days of receipt. Bursaries will be awarded based on a “first come first serve basis” to applicants that meet the criteria in this policy.
- Bursaries will not exceed $250 and will be paid upon successful completion of course.
- Successful applicants will receive a one-year complimentary AWWOA membership (from the date the application is approved).
- Successful applicants will not be eligible for other AWWOA bursaries in the same fiscal year
- Currently seeking a new career path or certification in the water and wastewater industry
- Once approved, applicant must register for the course online.
- Once the course is completed, applicant must provide a copy of the course registration fee and proof of payment
- Course completion certificate date must be within the fiscal year that the bursary application is received (August 1st - July 31st).
Submit your application to:
Mail to: AWWOA
10806 – 119 St NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 3P2
For questions please Contact Us.